Nikon AF-S 58mm f/1.4 G Lens
- 58mm f/1.4 lens that excels in low-light and nighttime applications but also offers exciting capabilities for everyday photography and HD video recording.
- Virtually no sagittal coma flare or light falloff throughout the entire aperture range—even at the far edges of the frame—for exceptionally sharp, evenly lit, high-contrast shots.
- Maintain fast aperture settings even when shooting distant subjects like cityscapes and landscapes to infinity.
- 9 rounded-blade aperture for outstanding bokeh characteristics and enhanced depth of field control.
- Flattering, versatile 58mm focal length (87mm equivalent on DX-format D-SLRs) that pays homage to the acclaimed Noct Nikkor 58mm f/1.2 lens
A low-light powerhouse that shines in nearly any situation.
Go beyond the ordinary with the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G, a lens designed to excel in low-light and nighttime applications but with characteristics you'll enjoy for so much more. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture produces outstanding evenly lit images with edge-to-edge sharpness—virtually no sagittal coma or light falloff. Its unique design and rounded 9-blade diaphragm produce stunning bokeh and depth of field control from f/1.4 to infinity—equally useful in daytime portraits and nighttime cityscapes. Whether you're shooting photos or HD video, FX or DX-format, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G offers thrilling new capabilities and inspiration.
Outstanding low-light photos and videos
Virtually no sagittal coma flare or light falloff
When shooting photos or video in low light—especially at night—you often want your lens aperture wide open. With many lenses, though, shooting at maximum aperture can cause a slight distortion at the edge of your frame—points of light render as diamond-shaped flares. The AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G is specially designed to combat this distortion while providing even brightness across the frame. Capture sharp, evenly lit photos and videos, edge to edge.
Natural depth of field, beautiful bokeh
9 rounded-blade aperture for excellent bokeh control
The AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G adds a dramatic sense of depth to your compositions—both at short distances as well as long-distance landscapes. When shooting stills of a close subject, the AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G can achieve beautiful bokeh with soft, natural edges that diminishes smoothly away from your focal point. When recording HD video, use these outstanding bokeh characteristics for interesting smooth focusing transitions and drawing attention to your subject.
Flattering, versatile perspective
Versatile 58mm focal length
Paying homage to the acclaimed Noct Nikkor 58mm f/1.2, the 58mm focal length falls in the sweet spot between a standard lens (50mm) and a medium telephoto lens (85mm). On an FX-format D-SLR, it offers a natural perspective with just enough telephoto characteristic to exaggerate depth of field. On a DX-format D-SLR, its 87mm equivalent perspective is ideal for portraits and other medium telephoto uses.