Image blur can be a major issue, especially with distant subjects and super-telephoto shooting. Thanks to its Dual Detect Optical VR (Vibration Reduction), the COOLPIX P950 effectively reduces image blur caused by camera shake for sharp images of distant subjects even when shooting handheld. In NORMAL mode, images are stabilized with an equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 5.5 stops faster.
Superior optical performance for high image quality.
The COOLPIX P950’s advanced optical system features a Super ED glass element used in Nikon’s heralded DSLR lenses, which provides higher image-forming capability and effectively reduces chromatic aberration, dynamically achieving superior image quality with super-telephoto shooting. The backside-illuminated CMOS image sensor, with 16.0 effective megapixels and sensitivity up to 6400 ISO, enables the capture of clear, sharp images even in dark shooting situations.
Cinematic 4K UHD movies.
The COOLPIX P950 can record high-quality 4K UHD/30p movies across its entire zoom range, from 24mm all the way up to 2000mm. In Movie manual mode, you can completely control exposure and aperture settings for footage that looks just how you intended. AE can also be locked, even when ambient brightness changes significantly during movie recording. You can even choose the zoom speed during video recording by selecting one of three options with the side zoom control.
RAW (NRW) for stills.
With RAW (NRW) file format support, full-resolution still images can be saved that contain all the setting information from the time of the shot, allowing post-capture image editing of white balance, exposure and COOLPIX Picture Controls without affecting the original.
Bring excitement closer with Bird-watching and Moon modes.
Bird-watching mode and Moon mode are independent of Scene Modes, and can be selected right from the Mode Dial. When taking shots of wild birds or the moon, these modes help you get great results without any complicated setting changes.
• VR ACTIVE mode effectively combats vibration in situations where the camera is prone to excessive shaking.
• Zoom Memory returns the camera to a pre-determined focal length when powered on.
• Manual (Spot) in AF area mode enables finer focus adjustment with the best AF area.
• Target finding AF instantly predicts the focal point of the scene as shots are composed.
• Active D-Lighting optimizes high-contrast images to restore shadow and highlight detail.
• 19 Scene modes automatically select the most appropriate camera settings according to the scene or subject.
• Creative mode and COOLPIX Picture Controls enable custom creative image expression.
• Micro-USB charging with the EH-73P Charging AC Adapter and UC-E21 USB Cable.